07 December 2010

6 December 2010




Aloha Everyone,
I think the most important thing I have to say is that the temperature here is spectacular! I can't believe it's December, probably cause I see no snow. It's going to be different having Christmas with no snow. But I'm liking it better not worrying about the cold. I still don't own any jackets, just my missionary clothes short sleeves and some board shorts. What a life...! :)
My companion and I went to a place called pizzaria out in the middle of no where that makes unbelievable pizza, but they have this old time pinball machine where you pull a lever to hit the baseball and win cards. After a few quarters in the machine I hit a GRAND SLAM and won the card Roger Clemens! It was made in 1985 so it's got to be worth a few million...maybe...
This week was transfers again, I can't believe it's already another 6 weeks that have past, time is flying. But what's awesome is that my companion and I are still together, where as our whole zone had changed companions and one area was white washed. Then my dad (trainer) came back into the zone and is now my Zone leader. That was so awesome to see him again! My companion became the DL so it's cool to get the scoop on what's going on.
Can't wait for our ward Christmas party on Dec 11! the whole community comes and we light up the Portuguese oven in my backyard.
Well the work is progressing and I'm absolutely loving it. I love reading the scriptures as now everything that I've been taught is coming together. Then to be able to teach it to others...life can't get better then that.
I just wanted to share one quote from my study time while reading the general conference talks. Pres Uchtdorf said this, "We don't discover humility by thinking less of ourselves; we discover humility by thinking less about ourselves." So true, the times when I'm most happy and enjoying the work is when i'm in service of others and thinking zippo about myself. I love all of you and thank you for your prayers!
Love, Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment