11 April 2011

11 April 2011

Aloha Everyone,
    So here is the update to Elder Gardner's Fascinating life here in Mililani on the island of Oahu. This week after several weeks of preparation, we had a movie night similar to the one in my last area. Yet this time it was planned in better detail and we had a great turn out! We were able to really open the views of those who came to really understand what Joseph Smith really went through in his life to restore the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Even all the members including myself were so moved by the spirit to realize and confirm what I know to be true.
    Also this week we got to more Elders in our pad to make it a 4 man pad now. I didn't know what to expect, but now that it's been a week sense they have come I have really come to enjoy the extra company. Then to be able to exchange our stories at the end of each day. We always have something to give us a good laugh or to hear a spiritual experience.
    This passed Sunday was a great opportunity for Elder Mecham and I. The YM's president asked us to come to the priests in the ward and to bear our testimony on going on a mission. I think I got more out of what I said then those that were listening. But it was so great to share with them how a mission has truly changed my life and my perspective on life; and the expansion of my understanding of the gospel as my testimony has greatly enlarged. I have such a sweet spot in my heart on encouraging others to go on a mission and to be able to experience what it's like to be a tool in god's hand. Nothing can match the priceless lasting spiritual experiences that move you in such a way that your life seems to be a new beginning. I can't express how i desire all to go on a mission as the prophet has directed, being the mouth he is for God.
    Latter this week Oahu and all the islands got Slammed by a huge rainstorm. And of course we were on our bikes trucking along when it just suddenly dumped buckets on us. Ha it was quite the experience to see rain fall so hard in that amount. Good thing our umbrella's were left back at the pad 30 mins away haha.
    Again thank you for all your support and those who have been writing me. It's like a Christmas gift each and every time. There's no doubt in my mind that this is the true church that contains the fullness of the gospel. There is so much to be grateful for, even the many trials I have faced as it's a stepping stone that climbs line upon line precept upon precept as we get closer in developing Christlike attributes. Have a great week and thanks for everything.
    Love Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment