11 July 2011

11 July 2011

Aloha everyone, 
     I just have a short story to share with you this week from a member and how the gospel has changed there son's life. There son had been struggling with dyslexia his entire life in school even till he reached in high school. And the father shared with us how they tried multiple programs to help him, but there wasn't any direct results from there efforts. But as the father and mother prayed together to see what they could do, they felt a strong impression on something so simple. That they need to read the Book of Mormon as a family every day. Something so simple and something we're all asked to do. Yet this time the family gained an added measure of strength with the impression they felt. And every sense then they haven't missed a morning where they gather together to read as a family. They mentioned that it definitely wasn't easy or got a lot read at times but they always had family scripture. After months had passed the teacher of the son approached the family to share with them that she doesn't know how but there son has improved drastically in his ability to write, read, and understand the material given in class. Just a small and simple thing that seems to always bring great things to passed. 
    I just have to say I absolutely love reading the Book of Mormon, I always feel the spirit and then there is always something that stands out to me that I can work on that day in becoming what God wants me to be or a lesson I need to learn. It seems so simple, but all of us know who have put it as a priority it some how blesses us in our unique way. 
   I love you all, thanks for all the support and love. 
Red head, 
Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment