27 August 2010

August 27, 2010

HELLO! :)

Thank you again for the letters that you have sent me they always are the highlight of going to pick up mail and knowing that I got a letter. I got a bunch of questions so I’ll answers those now.

Of the twelve in my district 4 are going to Hawaii 4 are going to Disney land, and the other 4 are going to temple square. My schedule consists of well a really fast paced day. I wake up at 6:00 and go to bed at 10:30 and in between I just study and I can't get enough of it! but I have class time of learning how to teach and how to use preach my gospel and then we teach volunteers that come as investigators and it rocks! The food is amazing, and it's all you can eat so how could i be disappointed haha but it's not healthy at all so...are rooms always smell bad ha. we have like good meals though like biscuits and gravy, etc...not much time to tell. They don't tell about the culture really at all mostly how to teach and teach with the spirit. But brother Reis is from Hawaii a teacher here and knows all about the mission so he gave a lot of insightful information. Got me so pumped up to go I can't WAIT!

So I can't believe it's Friday already, time is flying bye and I got to host the new missionaries that came into the MTC on wed. it was a blast to tell them all I've learned how to have the best experience. On Monday I got a huge stomach ache that put me out all night but it was only a 24 hour thing. But the other district in our zone, 10 of the 12 are sick and 2 have bronchitis. So I’m making sure i take care of myself. So the big highlight of this week was on Tuesday when we had our devotional. We were singing called to serve and Elder Jeffery R. Holland came and spoke to us! It was a really inspired talk that boosted us all in missionary work. It was all about us and I was only like 50 ft. away. He just talked about how to be a better missionary. But the spirit was so strong chills were going down my back it felt like.

So we had a lesson on Tuesday as well that helped us teach with the spirit. What we did was learning how to ask inspired questions and we were to really focus on the person talking and focus on the body language as well. but the key point was to completely erase all my thoughts about what I'm going to say next, but to have faith that when it was my time to talk the spirit would tell me what I needed to say. And wow it was the best experience I've ever had. Ever sense then my companion and I have taught the gospel way more effective and the spirit is 10 X stronger! the next day on wed, we had a volunteer come and be an investigator and so we implemented what we had learned from Tuesday. It was the most powerful lesson we have ever taught. We came out shaking cause the spirit was so strong, everything we asked was of the spirit and everything we testified was so powerful. The man had nothing to say.

I tell this story not to tell you about the negative but how it was a positive in my life. One of our companionships in our district were have a really hard time because one elder was all about himself and a few other things. So I really was impressed to just pull him aside and talk to him. It was amazing, because I again implemented what I had learned on Tuesday about inspired questions. I can't even remember what I said to him because everything I had to say and ask was from God. He literally was speaking through me and touched his heart so hard, He never smiled before and never showed emotion but he broke down and opened up and I was able to bring happiness and joy into his life. It was such a great experience to me to see how the spirit can really work if ye have faith in God. The MTC is so filled with the spirit and has impacted my life in ways i never have guessed! I LOVE it here and Every Young man must go on a mission if he can! no wonder they make it a priority not only for yourself but then again for all the others you get to teach and bring the gospel in their lives and be blessed like I have all my life! I think I might of said this before but our district and our zone is so unified! We get along so well besides a couple but that's how it is. But we have so much fun while serving the Lord, what kind of life is better than that.

If you want to write me go to dearelder.com and my mailbox is #154 its free and it prints at MTC and I get it the same day.

Love, Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment