20 June 2011

20 June 2011

Aloha Everyone,
   Sorry about the last week of having no email. My companion and I
had a meeting in Oahu that lasted all day. But I'll recap on what's
happened the last 2 weeks in Maui for us. Last week we had our zone
conference which I like to look forward to cause afterwards I always
have this extra boost to work that much harder or to work on something
I can improve on. But this time it was a little different as now
instead of me recieving the training I was giving the training to 25
other missionaries. It's crazy to think how fast time has flown by as
I feel like it was only yesterday when I remember my very first zone
conference and to compare how I used to think to now. But I do look
forward to the opportunity to help others, as I have found the
greatest happiness comes from the success of others. Its so cool to
see a missionary step out of old habbits or take a step out of the
comfort level there used to and watch them grow and flourish into a
confident missionary with a purpose. Nothing can beat that.
   Then this passed week we had an incredible baptism in the singles
ward who has been taught for quite a while now but couldn't ever
commit to a date. She's been the hardest person I've ever had to
teach, but those make the best baptisms cause of all the sweat, tears
and prayers that go into it. Hopefully the picture I sent will be
posted to see.
   Also this passed week we had a lesson with our investigator who
was the one who beared his testimony in fast and testimony meeting and
then later told us he wanted to be baptized as soon as possible. Well
he cancelled a few lessons and we started to doubt his sincerity. Then
he kept pushing the date back until all his family could be there
which would of been at least a month if not longer. My companion and I
were pretty nervous cause this is what he did last time and by the
time the date came he dropped last min. We didn't want him to loose
the feelings he had shared with us and his softened heart.
   Yet he called us up on wed and wanted to meet as soon as he got
off work. So we did so and he bought us some lunch and we just talk
story to gain a mutal relationship and then began the lesson on the
Plan of Salvation as he had some questions referring to it. As it
comes down to it. He really grasped the concept and lightbulbs were
flashing left and right. By the end of the lesson he was so determined
to get baptized as soon as possible before the advesary could take his
turn and make an effect. So with out hessitation he scheduled this
coming friday to get baptized with or with out his family. He just
wants to do it.
  Well to make this long story longer and get to the point. We got a
call yesterday being sunday and it was him stating how he is now on
the Big Island where his wife was working for the week and went to
church there. He then asked for the approval if he could just get
baptized over there sense his family was mostly with him; and the rest
is history. He ended up flying over there last min and then getting
baptized. For us and the history with him it was a miracle before our
face and exciting moment for my companion and I. As now latter today
we'll be meeting with him again to have him share his experience of
being baptized. So that's the major updates for this week.  Thanks for
all you do.
 Love Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment