14 February 2011

14 February 2011

Aloha Everyone,
Another incredible spiritual week has gone by like as if it was an hour ago. I just wish I could describe in detail the experiences received by going on a mission, especially the spiritual ones. Though I'll try, and share some stories of how i'm doing out in the mission field of Ka'u Hawaii.
But first I want to share a wonderful poem a missionary shared with me on exchanges.
Missionary ----
Don't get sore if they call you green,
Just stop and think what they really mean.
Your young, your growing and full of life.
Ready to battle all trouble and strife.
Just come right back and say, you bet,
Hope I'm green a while yet.
For this should never be forgotten,
That after "Ripe come Rotten!"
WHat a meaning ful poem that can apply to everything not just missionary work. Whether it be in a job, or cleaning the house, we can all green a while more. For truely rotton comes after ripe. Though unless your dry them before they go rotten. say's Sister Antolin our Relief Society President. Ha ha.
It's always a pleasant feeling when you know you were used in God's hand to accomplish his work or to answer a prayer. Later this week we ended up calling a family and stopping by when we were in the area. Soon after we found out that she just got off the phone with her husband exclaiming she was in need of a blessing. Shortly after she hung up we called and was able to offer her a blessing. I really see how important it is to always remain worthy of the priesthood we bear. The authority to act in God's name, isn't a light task to be thought of as I came to my deep understanding. But it was great to be a tool in God's hand for a simple act of random kindness (ARK).
Also this week we had just finished up tracking a street, got in our car and headed back to our pad to fill our ever so empty stomachs. Yet on the drive there I passed a very familiar car who I recognized after a few seconds had passed. So ever small and quiet I really felt to turn around and follow her to her house. It almost felt like I acted on reaction and next thing I knew I was pulling a U turn in the middle of the road catching up. After following her just a few seconds i noticed she passed her house and kept driving and was making a loop around the subdivision. First I felt dumb thinking that she probably thought i was some werid man following her and she was trying to dodge me. So I gave her a call, and she didn't even know I was behind her, she just forgot to pick up her daughter from school and was turning around. But the great climax of the story is that we were able to set up a time to visit her. I didn't think much about it until now as I look back at the result. As of now we have taught her almost everyday as well as her extended family who all now have a Baptismal date for March 12. Her life in just this short time has completely turned around as we see the joy she has now in her heart knowing the truth of the Book of Mormon, and living the commitments we have left. This are the times I will never forget for the rest of my life. That I'm able to be that tool in God's hand to completey change there life where they come closer to God and our savior then they ever have before. "Shall we not go on is so great a cause?" (Joseph Smith Jr.) Pretty soon that family will be taking the steps to baptism as one of our soon to be members will be baptized tonight. What joy it brings to my heart.
HAPPY VALENTINES!!
Love, Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment