21 February 2011

21 February 2011




Aloha Everyone,
It never seemed that th
is day would come. But transfers are here and the calls have been made. I never would of thought that it would be so hard to leave an area, but when they become more then your family a few tears are bound to be shed as you say goodbye to your brothers and sisters. No words can describe the love that has been generated from serving these wonderful people who live in Ka'u. I've never been around such faithful members who have overcome such insurmountable obstacles. There will always be a place in my heart for these loving people.
But on the good note we ended the transfer with a bang
as we surpassed our goals and the area is on fire. Amazing what the Lord can do with just a couple 19 year old boys who want to work hard and have some fun! Though being short on time I only have one story to share
Last week I gave an
investigator a Book of Mormon that my sister Coral had written her testimony in. I shared how much it meant to me to give this to her and to really find out for herself. The spirit was so strong that I thought a fire would just bursted out of the oven and engulfed us all.
Then on our return
appointment this coming week she said some touching words. After bearing her testimony of her coming to know that the church was true, she then stated that, I hope in the future that I too can give you a Book of Mormon with my testimony, that way you can give it to someone like me.'' Wow... Music in a missionary's ear, I was with out speech! If only all young men would strive to go on a mission and experience the magnitude of the spirit and the miracles that follow and lives are changed forever! She as well as her auntie Candice who we are teaching will now be making there first steps into baptism on March 12. What a glorious day that will be as angels rejoice.
I love you all and wish I could share more in detail, but
what joy and love that comes from being a Representative of Christ!

Love Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment