28 February 2011

28 February 2011


As soon as I felt like I got a hold of everything, and knew what I was doing, I get transferred. But I'm so excited to be able to fulfill what he has asked me to do, cause now through experience I know that he always provides a way to accomplish what he commands as long as I stay obedient and commit myself to him.
So Monday night I got a call from our Mission President, calling in behalf of Christ to call me to be the District Leader in Mililani, On Oahu Yet he then added that I too will be White washing the area...ha ha wasn't expecting that but I'm excited to see what growth I'll gain in this next transfer.
Again it was a difficult task to take on to say goodbye to my new family in Ka'u! But then the hardest part was to say goodbye to a family that we have been teaching and preparing for baptism in the next week. It's a indescribable feeling to know that you were in the hands of God to take part in changing a family who finds so much joy in the gospel now. That one day you can see them again as families together forever in the Celestial Kingdom of God. Driving back to Hilo to the Airport was the longest drive since I've been there the last 6 months. Though I found out Monday night that my MTC companion was going in Ka'u to take me place.
Finally I got a chance to go to transfer meeting on Oahu at the Tabernacle where all the missionaries come together and are assigned to their new area's and new companions. It was fantastic to see all the missionaries that I came out with and actually meet a few new ones. No one knows who I am because I've been isolated the last 6 months haha.
My new companion is Elder Mecham who has now been out for 3 months now. He's a fantastic Elder I couldn't be more excited to be his companion as he has a major work ethic and motivation to do anything that is needed. So I have no complaints and look forward to what we can accomplish together.
So now that I'm on Oahu in Mililani I can tell that Ka'u is the complete opposite! I didn't know there was such a thing as more then a 1 story building and so many cars with an ambulance blaring there siren's every hour of the day. Welcome to the other type of Hawaii ha. It's been quite the change but it's been great. Mililani is a fantastic place to live as it's all residential houses that's actually well kept.
Being white washed though has been quite the experience. We know completely nothing about the area or anyone who lives it. But now that a half a week as gone by I can get around pretty well now......"on a bike" ....ha ha Never thought i was going to be on a bike because there's only just a very select few areas that have bikes now. Yet on the bright side I've already lost most of the weight I've gained.
I couldn't be more excited to work with the ward we have. I've never seen such a unified ward who are all on the same page. The bishop is so missionary mined being 28 year old. The ward respects him so much and the whole ward is willing to do anything for us missionaries. The potential in this area is unmeasurable and can't wait to get the ball rolling as we visit all the members and strengthen there faith, as we gain there trust.
I just couldn't be more grateful to have had two fantastic area's to serve with two amazing bishops.
I'm just continually learning everyday especially now that I get the opportunities to present trainings for my district every week to help them become the best tool in God's hand. I calculated all my missionaries in my district and how long they have been out and it ad's up to only 23 1/2 months! I'm the oldest in my district, it's hard to believe that I've already been out for 6 months but I try not to think about it.
I truly couldn't be a happier man or should I say Elder at this point in my life, true happiness comes from the success of others. My whole life has completely changed and my outlook on life will never been the same.
I love my life and I'm grateful for all the trials that the lord has given me to allow myself to develop Christlike attributes and to progress and learn.
May the Lord be with you, I love you all, thanks for all the support, love and prayers.
Love,
Elder Gardner

{the family Flint taught who will be baptized March 12}

No comments:

Post a Comment