10 January 2011

10 January 2010




Aloha Everyone,
Not to much as happened this week but the biggest thing that will be happening this week is Transfers. Since Elder Killian is going Home back to Arizona I'll be for sure getting a new companion. But I'm definitely going to miss Elder Killian, whom has been known as one of the best missionaries out here in Hawaii. And being with him for now 3 months never leaving each others side I have come to find out for myself how amazing this Elder has been. I'm truly grateful for his wonderful example and humility he shows each and everyday.
One event that is pretty exciting this week has to deal with a pig. This wild boar has been eating all of this members food that she feeds to her chickens. Since we have been teaching her we have run into it quite a few times and she wants it gone. So what do we do? We call up our young bishop and we bring his truck to haul it away. Yet this boar was super smart and wouldn't let either Elder Killian or I to get behind it to grab it's back legs flip it over and rope it's legs. So we changed plans and tried to set a trap to have it's back legs get tied together. Yet it again it kicked off the rope and this time it ran off. We were so close, and it was a pretty exciting experience for me since I haven't dealt with anything like this. (My companion is a cowboy) So tomorrow on Tues we're going back to catch it, but this time we'll be more prepared. To be continued....
I just have to say, serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints it the best decision any 19-26 year old young man can make in his life. There is so many valuable skills and lessons learned that can't be replicated anywhere else. I can't express in words how wonderful and grateful I am to be on a mission I strongly encourage all who are on the fence about going on a mission to find out for yourself the tremendous blessing a mission can offer.
I love you all so much and wish you a wonderful New Year!
Love Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment