31 January 2011

31 January 2011


Aloha Everyone,

Ok so I take back all the other weeks. This week was the best week on my mission so far, and I hope next week will surpass this week. A lot of it has to do with just me personally developing into what God has intended for me.
The mission this transfer called 4 Assistants to the President and 2 of them are called traveling assistants. Being that we are all spread out in different islands it's hard for the president to get to see everyone. For example he has never been out here in Ka'u. Maybe someday in the future. So this week the traveling assistants were in our zone going on an exchange everyday with all the missionaries. Lucky the Elder who came with us got to stay for 2 days. I can't even begin about how much I learned from a very experience Elder whom I can say changed my mission. Lucky though for the traveling assistants, they get to see every island and area.
While tracking we ran into a full blown atheist like all missionaries do, and as always it never gets anywhere. He could of gone on for hours trying to rebuke us, and it doesn't help that the first thing he says is I eat you guys for breakfast. Ha, ha. That's not a nice way to start a conversation. After cutting him off and leaving his friend pulled into his driveway. "you just missed the Mormon's, I tore them apart and this and that...yada...yada." haha all I can say is at least we help some have a good day and feel good about them selves ha.
Saturday we had our huge movie night for the community. For the last 3 weeks we've been advertising it to everyone. Though sadly it wasn't as big as a turn out as I thought it was still successful! We watched Joseph Smith: the prophet of the restoration. I would have to say it's one of my favorite movies! It is so powerful and can be hard to hold back the emotions as we see what he really went through. How could such a man go through such persecution and still preach the gospel. No wicked man would do such a thing unless it was of God.
I love you all
Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment