16 May 2011

16 May 2011


















Aloha Everyone!
     I just have to say the mission is the best. It's so much fun if you make it that way even when times are toughest. But I have another food for all of you who are daring to eat whatever comes your way. In our district meeting one of the Filipino Elders brought Balut for anyone who wants to try it. It's a delicacy in the Philippines but to us its an Egg that is 18 days developed cracking the shell, slurping the juice around the shell then going away at it. The smell...not so good, but the taste? Well that's another story, it actually tastes like chicken broth but not at the same time ha. Either way I tried and I can now say I've eaten Balut.
    Our zone was able to work on the U.S.S Missouri again this week as we swept the entire deck. Then afterwards got to get a personal tour of the unbelievable ship. They have around 500-1000 miles of wire in the ship and the blue prints for the ship weigh 17 TONS! Now that INSANE!
    Well the call came in last week as it does every 6 weeks. This time it was quite sad. This ward in Mililani has become once again another aspect of my family who will never be forgotten. I got my call last night to inform me that I'll be transferring this wed morning to the Island Maui. Though I'm more then anxious to see another Island and for some more incredible experiences I'll definitely miss such a wonderful ward and those whom I've been teaching the last 3 months.
    So that's the catch up for this week on the Weekly news of Elder Gardner. Thanks for Tuning in, have a great week Planet Earth. Aloha!

Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment